Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup ice 2 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground flax seed
- Combine pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, protein powder, 1 tablespoon ground flax seed, almond milk, pumpkin pie spice and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a glass, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon ground flax seed.
Dietitian Tip: Be sure to purchase pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie. Also, choose a low carbohydrate protein powder with less than 3 grams carbohydrate per serving.
Source: Recipe modified from http://www.diabetes.org