Prep time: 30-40 min
- One 5 lb bag of frozen green beans
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Mrs. Dash, or your favorite no-salt added seasoning
Kitchen items needed: cookie sheets, aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place oven racks on top rack right below the broiler and the other rack right below it
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat frozen green beans in the microwave for 10 minutes, drain excess water
- To get crispy green beans, squeeze the excess water out of the green beans. Use your hands or a kitchen towel and squeeze the green beans to remove excess water. If you use a kitchen towel, place green beans in the middle, wrap the towel around them into a ball and squeeze the ball until you get as much water out.
- In a dry bowl, combine green beans, olive oil and spices. Then spread onto cookie sheets in an even layer. To ensure crispy green bean like chips, do not crowd too many green beans onto one cookie sheet, use two cookie sheets or it may take more time to roast all the 5 lb bag.
- Roast for 30 minutes on the top rack until green beans are crispy and golden brown. If you have 2 cookie sheets, roast for 20 minutes and switch the cookie sheets in the middle of the baking and roast for another 10 minutes until, all the green beans are crispy and lightly brown.